Wednesday, March 2, 2011

there's that car again


Ya know how right after you buy your first new car your exact model and color seem to be everywhere. It's like around each and every turn....there's your car again.

Well the same sort of thing has started for me with this wedding.

Let me start by saying my fiance and I want to reflect as much of our own personalities in the event as possible. Overall the most important thing to us is to have a personal touch felt throughout the entire day. We are planning a few surprises for our guests and there will be a lot of diy going on before hand....luckily we have a kinda large wedding party.....lots of hands to help.
So back to the original thought....Monday my sis and I went to talk with a florist. Together we all came up with some beautiful, creative arrangements. Mostly simple and understated, exactly what I imagined. I also wanted succulents included in arrangements, which I thought was more on the unusual side. Don't get me wrong, at no point did I think I was creating the mona lisa. I was sure it had been done before, but just thought it was rare. Well....I was definitely mistaken. Just a few short hours after our meeting, my sis send me a link to the style me pretty blog and there it was front and center, the latest posting, first photo even....THE bouquet and looking really REALLY gorgeous! She had added in a little more color that we decided on, although my sis did think adding peach was the way to go, but it had all the elements we chose. The soft, textured, grayish greens of the succulents and the papery lightness of ranunculus
and peonies. Ahhhhhh.....swoon. I LOVE it! I am so happy with my choice and can not wait to see mine in person.
I should also note that in flipping through a few magazines and now focusing on the flowers I have noticed a succulent or two popping up in other arrangements, but done differently.

Today the hunt is on for the bridesmaids dresses. I have lots of different body types to think about including a pregnant girl so wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment