Thursday, March 3, 2011

dresses, dresses, and still more dresses


Today my sis and I went on a long hunt for the best bridesmaids dress we could find. After spending over an hour trying on close to 25 dresses we found 2 winners. Success on the first try....again, could it be? We thought so, but no such luck. When the owner of the lovely shop asked us the date of the event I thought she was going to cry. This particular designer has a long turnaround time. Even with a rush put on, the dresses would arrive the 27th. NO WAY! Sorry Jenny Yoo everything was perfect except one thing. So onto the next boutique.
Second stop was the place where I bought my gown. I wish I could share at least some of the details about the gown...designer at least, but I just can't. I have a sneaking suspicion that my fiance will be frequent reader of this. One of the three probably. So back to my favorite place, Jaehee Bridal Atelier. The day I bought my gown, my sis and I did a quick run through of the bridesmaids dresses. Being that time is so short, we thought it might be a good idea. Not so. My head was spinning and I could not concentrate on anything but the gown I just bought on not much more than a whim. This being said, we did notice the Amsale collection and took an immediate liking to it. So needless to say, we made a beeline to the rack and grabbed a bunch to try. Of course we had to try some others too. Everyone deserves and chance and I was trying to keep the prices as low as possible for the girls while also keeping the dress pretty and hopefully wearable again. Does every bride say that? So after another 15 dresses we decided to go with the Amsale. The fabrics are light and pretty and the versatility is fantastic. They are pretty, stylish styles and I do think they could wear them again. Well I hope at least. Everything again seemed to be going in the right direction. Until the dreaded calendar came out. This time though, not as bad. These dresses can be here in time, but there is a rush fee. OK. Not totally sold yet, that fee is a killer!
So onto the next store which has a large selection of dresses another 10 or so and still nothing. After stopping into one more place we were both done. Probably my sis more than me. So back to her place to make our final decision.....

No comments:

Post a Comment